Multi-factor authentication (MFA) at login is a common security feature that helps protect user accounts from unauthorized access. With MFA, users are required to provide a second method of user authentication to log in, which makes it more difficult for attackers to gain access to accounts even if they have obtained the user's password. MFA only applies to accounts that use a username and password to log into Binti, not those agencies who use SSO to log in.
- On the Binti Login page, enter your username and password and click the "Sign In" button.
- Select your preferred method to receive a verification code, either your work email or one of the phone numbers associated with your account. Note that this phone number must be a cell phone or other phone that is able to receive SMS text messages. Click “Send Code”.
- Find your verification code either in your work email inbox or your text messages and enter the code into the text box. Click on "Verify Code" to complete your login to Binti.
Adding or Editing Phone Numbers
- Once you’re logged into Binti, click on "Contact Information" by hovering over the Account icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Edit or Add New Number” to add or modify phone numbers.
- Click on “Add Another Contact Number” to add a new phone number. Enter a valid phone number in the box that shows +1. You may also set the type of phone number (mobile, work or home) as well as add any notes, such as an extension # or additional information.
- Click on “Save Changes” once you are done to update your contact information. You will now see your new number and any edits you made reflected in your Contact Information. These numbers will all be available for sending verification codes if you log in with MFA.
- Click “Mark inactive” if any of the listed phone numbers are no longer good ways to reach you.
- The checkbox “Make my contact information visible to families who are assigned to me” is on by default; un-check this box if you do not want your contact information visible to families.
How long does a verification code last before it expires?
Verification codes are valid for 10 minutes before expiring. You will receive the same verification code if you request it multiple times during that 10-minute period to avoid confusion about invalidated codes.
How many attempts do I have to log in before I get locked out of my account?
Users have 5 attempts to enter the correct validation code before getting locked out. Upon entering the wrong code for the fifth time, they will receive an email asking them to reset their password to unlock the account. They will then be redirected to log in again with MFA.
What if my account doesn’t have a phone number set up in the Contact Information?
Users without phone numbers will be able to receive verification codes through the work email address associated with their account.
What if I don’t receive a verification code?
It may take a few minutes to receive a code. If you still don’t receive one, we suggest trying an alternate method. If you are still not receiving codes, please contact Binti Customer Support to help troubleshoot any issues.
Can MFA be disabled for a single user?
No, MFA is enabled at the agency level for all agency workers associated with a single agency.